Thursday, April 17, 2008

Phoenix

Mom and I had a great weekend!
Uncle Steve and Aunt Mae picked us up at the airport. We headed back to Aunt Mae's, we sat by her pool and ate breakfast. It was so warm, it felt so good to sit and soak in warm weather. It was 92 on Friday. We visited for a few hours. It was so nice. Friday afternoon we all headed to the cemetary to put flowers on Grandma and Grandpa Alexander's gravesites and Uncle Frank's. It was nice, it had been 18 years since I had been there. Aunt Mae, Mom and Uncle Steve told some interesting stories about their youth and Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Frank. Uncle Steve drove us around and we saw Grandma's house, I remember running around in the backyard. The orange grove that was behind the house is now houses.
We spent the night with Uncle Steve, he lives about an hour from Phoenix. He lives in a beautiful area in the desert. We went on a walk before dinner and then again Saturday morning, the cactus are incredible up close, it was beautiful, flowers were in bloom and the canyon was so colorful.
Saturday we went to a BBQ at Molly's. It was so fun to see all my cousins. We were having a great time. I didn't want to leave. Katie has adopted a cute little girl from China, she is so sweet. I loved being with her.
Sunday we flew home. Mom and I had breakfast at the airport and our flights left 10 minutes apart.
I had a great time. It was so fun to see my family and be alone with Mom. Next time I really hope Gin and Ammie can come. Here are a few videos. I hope you are happy Ginger!

2 comments:

Matilda said...

You are so funny, I can barely stand it!

Your hair is cute by the way!

Matilda said...

I can't believe that YOU have nothing to say!!

Something new please!!!

I'm sure Ginger wants something new too!! :)